The first place to go when you think of Dalyan is undoubtedly Iztuzu Beach. We do not need to say that you should stop by Iztuzu Beach, Dalyan, which is chosen as the best open area in Europe and the most beach in Europe, where millions of tourists come every year.
The 5.4km long beach is listed among the best beaches in the world on many holiday blogs, newspapers, and websites around the world. The beach, which started to be built in the 1980s but was protected in the following years, is also notable for its lack of construction and the fact that it is one of the best-protected beaches in Turkey and the world today.
The beach consists of two parts. The area, which is not accessible by road and can only be reached by boat, is especially preferred by foreign tourists.
The section, which is reached by the highway preferred by the local people in general, can be reached from Dalyan via Gokbel from the magnificent view around Pheasant lake. You'll find a perfect view in many parts of the nearly 7.5-mile road.
Millions of tourists from many regions of the world come to Iztuzu Beach every year. The beach, which was cited by The Times Newspaper as the best outdoor area in Europe, was recently cited as the best beach in Europe It is listed among the best-protected beaches in the world. The golden sands stretching as far as you can, the Dalyan Canals on one side, and the Mediterranean sea on one side, come across as an excellent natural wonder. Also, if you are lucky, you can see the moment the treated Sea Turtles are released into the sea life.
Another feature of the beach is that it is the area where foreigners from Dalyan, Ortaca, and the surrounding districts unite at Christmas time to celebrate Christmas. In December every year, hundreds of people flock to the beach, entering the sea They also enjoy celebrating Christmas in this unique landscape.
HOW TO GO?
For those who want to go to the section where they go by boat, boats belonging to various cooperatives in Dalyan Center leave about 15 minutes apart. With these boats operating by full boat, you can reach the beach after a journey of about 40 minutes through the unique Dalyan canals. The beach has showers, toilets, a cafeteria, sun loungers, and umbrellas. Unfortunately, the area that is the most extreme of Iztuzu beach, which is stretching as far as it can get, is not a tree-type canopy area.
For the section that goes by road, if you did not come with your vehicle, there are minibus services from Dalyan Center. If you are going to drive your vehicle, you need to travel 12 kilometers from Sulungur lake, Gokbel. There is also a shower and toilets and a cafeteria. It's also in the parking lot. There is also a wooded area in this area. You can also sit in this wooded area, alternating the sun loungers and umbrellas on the beach.
Those who come to the section by road can go to Caretta Caretta Hospital with a 2-3 minute walk and see the Sea Turtles being treated there up close.
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AT IZTUZU BEACH?
- The beach is the most important spawning ground of Caretta Caretta. Therefore, it is forbidden to sunbathe outside the designated areas on the beach. Never put covers or umbrellas or anything like that around here.
- Since Caretta Caretta is spawning ground, entry is forbidden between 20.00 and 08.00 in the evening. If you go to the beach at this time, you won't be able to enter.
- Even if you are on the shore without going to the beach by boat, do not turn on the light as it is the spawning ground of Caretta Caretta.
- No motor vehicles are allowed on the beach. Therefore, do not drive your motorcycles, etc. on the sand.
- The beach is among the best-protected beaches in Turkey and the world. When you come to the beach, please be protective of this feature.